Saturday, September 5, 2009

Football 2 ways.



So the most exciting time of the year has begun! The extra special months of having 3 kids in 2 different sports. The girls are in soccer (and on the same team!); so that makes it fairly simple. The Boy Child plays football this season, and to make it REALLY interesting for me his team is traveling to all corners of Georgia this year. This traveling nonsense was not mentioned during sign-ups. You can imagine how thrilled I was when I found out. I'm still not sure how it is all going to work out but we survived the first major weekend a week ago.


(for the record I had NOTHING to do with the unlucky #13 jersey.... no really I didn't)

After cleat drama, uniform pickups and only a few practices; it was game(s) on! They call this weekend Jamboree. I could not tell you why. It is all day scrimmages.... ALL day. This took place about 1 1/2 away from the house. All in all I suppose it wasn't that bad, I can say that now because it is over and no one got hurt. We ended up playing really well (3/0/1), even though the other teams are allowed a lot more practices. It is going to be an interesting season.


The "men" in the house loved it of course. They felt so terrible this weekend when they had to return to just WATCHING football all day. Even -I- was impressed with class of the fans/players today. John Glenn dotting the "i" was an especially awesome choice! I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that someone thought the fans had to be REMINDED to behave. What exactly were they expecting from the best fans in the land? With that being said.... We don't give a damn for the whole state of michigan.... the whole state of michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment