Friday, June 12, 2009

Cast is off so we can cast off.

So Pops has been OBSESSED with boating.... I pretty much blame these songs. He finally got around to taking some boating classes and Boy Child got his cast off so that means we were finally free to rent a boat. I thought Pops was going to explode with excitement; I was tad bit apprehensive. Have I mentioned that our collective boat knowledge involves the above videos and watching several seasons of Deadliest Catch? Should I add that I am the only person in my family that can really swim, and First Born is terrified of all things marine? With all these things in mind we decided to make our maiden voyage a trip to this island... you know the one on the OCEAN.


Surprisingly we made it with only a few small problems. It was LOVELY, and well worth all the planning and worry. We saw tons of hermit crabs, the shrimp above, and lots of dolphins! Dolphins are hard to photograph, yo. On our way back home we might have gotten stuck on a sandbar; but the beauty of this is that a dolphin came right up to check us out. First Born swears it had red eyes and was ready to attack. I admit I jumped a bit when it surfaced RIGHT behind me and made its snort noise. All in all it was a great day. Hopefully tomorrow it will be just as lovely!

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME. I want to do that, too. Next time I am in your area, I will not just drop by, I will let you know months in advance and you can plan and worry some more and take us out there. How many people fit on a normal size boat? And I wouldn't have to paddle at all!!! More pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would gladly take you there. The only thing is you have to call Pops Cappy, and the Middle One Skipper.

    ReplyDelete