Friday, October 2, 2009

Bleacher Butt.

Over the weekend BoyChild had a football game. This time it was in a huge high school stadium, and were those boys ever impressed. The team they played was pretty good, and the game turned into a nail-biter. Boychild was really on his game and figured out the other team pretty quickly. In the picture below he read that play like a Captain Underpants book. I just love it when the boys catch onto the game and really start playing.

It turns out that I really love it when MY son scores. This picture was taken right before his first time scoring a touchdown EVER! Since he usually plays on the line he has never been concerned with scoring before, and we have never gotten to feel the rush of pride when your kid takes it over for 6. Which explains why there are no pictures of the actual event. Even his sisters were impressed.


See how none of the kids are paying attention in the last picture? That is because they are getting chewed out for winning? I have no idea, it was halftime and they were up in points. They had been playing better than they had ever played, and yet they were getting yelled at? It is no surprise that after this there was a severe decrease in their enthusiasm. It nearly cost them the game. The kid to the left of The Boy in this picture had one of those tackles where everyone in both sides of the stadium lets out a big grunt of pain. Pretty awesome though. Someone tackled my "baby" in such a weird painful looking way during this game that it made me hate football for a little while. Football is a rough sport yo! More on that later.

What about soccer? Well it turns out all our soccer pictures pretty much look like this:



I can't tell you why, other than our camera is possessed and just prefers football. I do have a clear picture of me developing bleacher butt. Bleacher butt is a painful condition caused by sitting through many hours of practices and games in the name of parental pride. It is also the only reason I can come up with for the look on my
face.


I also can't explain why all the pictures in this post are a jumbled mess. I don't have the time or patience to try and fix it right now though. I am going to have to scoot off here and leave for yet another doctors appointment. That is if I can ever get through to an actual person to make the appointment. This entire post was written while on hold. On hold even after I was given the super secret code to punch in to avoid a long wait time by the ER. It is going to be a great day, I can just tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment