Friday, October 9, 2009

We like the cars, the cars that go BOOM!

It was me and the posse with Bunny D. We were crusin' in the Jags or the Lamborghinis...


No, no... in reality it was TheBoyChild and me, heading to his doctors appointment. Taking a road we take all the time, and smash! Some guy just pulled out right in front of us, not like he was racing to beat us or anything. It was like my car was invisible to him. I've been saying for awhile now that my car has a cloaking device. I've just never understood why no one could see me in my bright red ride!



I slammed on my breaks, the whole car locked up; but there was just no way we were going to stop in time. This is where things get foggy. I remember him spinning, I thought he was going to slam into a nearby pole, or that another car was going to hit him coming the other way. I felt like I needed to warn him? Apparently we were spinning while this was going on, I really don't remember that at all. The next thing I do remember is trying to get out of the car to get to The Boy who was in the back. My door wouldn't open, and I just kept trying... like "WTF, why won't my door open?".

Everyone was fine, my car not so much. The other car fared MUCH better, I don't understand how. TheBoy and I were quite literally shaken up. There were lots of questions, and I know I gave some really stupid answers. "Do you have any aliases?" Me: "Huh, I'm not in a drug cartel or something... I'm just a mom!".

I called a friend, but thought the call didn't go through.... it did. She got to hear what was going on, and when she called back I couldn't figure out how she sorta knew what was happening. I was literally looking around the scene for her. She asked me if I needed a Coke. Which triggered me to remember right after it happened I went back to the car (and tried to open my door again, duh!) to get a Coke. I forced The Boy to chug some. "The sugar will make us feel better!" I might have offered the other driver a drink out of the can too, and shared my theory with him. I'm a moron!

Word so far is that my car is totaled. This pisses me off like you can't believe. I love that car. That car was supposed to go to FirstBorn when she learned to drive. I own that damn car, mine all mine. I know that I should be grateful that all I have is some banged up knees and blister-type stuff on my fingers from my death-grip on the steering wheel; but I want my salsa red grocery getter back!

2 comments:

  1. Your car looks bad - I am so glad you both are ok and your great sense of humor is still intakt! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duuuuude,

    That is crazy!! It seems like you have had that car forever!! Glad you are OK!!

    ReplyDelete